- Have they ever bought ads in your yearbooks or tickets for your school activities?
- Have they ever opened after hours when you were in desperate need of something they sell?
- Have they ever bought tickets for your church suppers or contributed to worthwhile community projects?
- Have they ever put your posters in their windows?
- Have they always been handy and willing to service their merchandise when you needed it?
- Have the always cheerfully and quickly exchanged merchandise or let you return merchandise for a cash refund?
Your local merchants provide these extras because he or she is your friend and neighbor and are genuinely interested in the future of our community. All they ask for in return is a chance for your business!
Think about which three independently owned businesses you’d miss most if they were gone. Stop in and say hello. Pick up a little something that will make someone smile. Your contribution is what keeps those businesses around.
If just half the employed U.S. population spent $50 each month in independently owned businesses, their purchases would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue. Imagine the positive impact if ¾ of the employed population did that.
For every $100 spent in independently owned stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. If you spend that in a national chain, only $43 stays here. Spend it online and nothing comes home.
The number of people it takes to start the trend…you.
Pick 3. Spend 50. Save your local economy.